As a complex fibre, cashmere requires proper treatment to keep it soft and in shape.Following these simple guidelines is neither laborious nor difficult, but will guarantee long-lasting enjoyment of cashmere products.
- Select the wool wash cycle on the washing machine. This wash cycle normally does not involve spinning the laundry but weighing it, which minimises friction and thus the felting process.Set the wash temperature to "Cold".
- Any addition of heat (e.g. by washing at 30°) increases the risk of matting.
- Select the lowest spin speed (usually 400 revolutions per minute).
- Use liquid wool, fine or special cashmere detergent.
- Do not add fabric softener.
- Turn garments inside out.
- Close buttons.
Dry & Steam
- Dry lying on a towel or clothes horse.
- After drying, iron the cashmere item using the steam function. This has the effect that the heat destroys possible bacteria and moths. Likewise, the moist steam helps to revive the cashmere - it gives it back the natural moisture it loses when the air is too dry.