DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT OF CASHMERE WORLD SHOP GMBH
We care about protecting your privacy. It is therefore only natural that we should notify you about the type of data we do collect and for what purpose, about how we use the data, and about your rights to control these data.
Protecting your personal data is of the utmost importance to us. We have never sold your data third parties and will not do so in the future.
In the following we would like to provide you with some details about the collection of personal data when visiting our website. Personal data is deemed to include any information which can be directly related to your person, such as e.g. name, address, email address, user behavior, payment files, products ordered.
I. Data controller as defined by the data privacy laws
I. Data controller as defined by the data privacy laws The data controller as defined by the data privacy laws is:
Cashmere World Shop GmbH
Josef-Gockeln-Straße 10/Etage 2
Registered in the commercial register of the Düsseldorf Local Court under Commercial Register Section B, No. 72155, rrepresented by its managing director Mr. Thomas Korte
Email: [email protected] or [email protected]
II. Your rights of information, rectification, locking, erasure, and objection
1. You have the right to demand information from us at any time about any data we have saved on you (personal data) and about their origin, about the recipients or categories of recipients to whom these data are disclosed, and about the purpose of storing these data. You likewise have the right to rectification, lock, or - with the exception of legally required data storage for business processes - the erasure of your personal data. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our data protection officer at any time via the contacts given above.
Nota bene: Under certain circumstances, we may be required by law to maintain a lock file for control purposes. In the absence of a legal archiving obligation, you may also demand erasure of the lock file. Otherwise we will restrict the processing of your data under very strict conditions.
2. If you have consented to the use of data, you have the right to revoke such consent at any time and without observing any formal requirements. The revocation will be valid for the future.
3. Please address any requests for information, requests for access, or objections to the processing of your personal data to pri[email protected] or to the address listed in paragraph I.1.
III. Data security
We use state-of-the-art technologies to ensure data security, and notably to protect your personal data against data transmission risks or disclosure to third parties. Our technologies are updated to the state of the art at regular intervals.
To protect the security of your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption methods (e. g., SSL) via HTTPS.
IV. Collection of personal data in case of informational use
If you use our website for purely informational purposes, i.e. if you do not order any goods, or create a customer account, or otherwise provide us with information, we will not collect any personal data, with the exception of the data transmitted by your browser (server log files) which make it possible for you to visit our website. That information does not allow any inferences to you as an individual. In particular, this concerns the following information:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Data volume transmitted, respectively
- Website sending the request
- Operating system and its surface
- Language and version of browser software
- Domain names of your internet service provider and the like
The aforementioned information is necessary due to technical reasons to allow correct delivery of our website contents requested by you. This information is generally collected during every internet use. We use anonymous information of this kind for statistical analyses to help us optimize our website and the technology behind it.
V. Use of additional functions provided by our website
In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer a number of other services you might be interested in, such as receiving our newsletter. In that case, you will normally need to provide additional personal data which we will use for rendering the service(s) requested by you. Any additional voluntary information will be identified as such.
We need a valid email address if you wish to use the services, notably the newsletter. We use the "double-opt-in" process to verify if a subscription was made by a bona fide email address owner. For this purpose, we will log the newsletter subscription, the dispatch of a confirmation email, and the receipt of the requested reply. No further data will be collected. The data will be used exclusively for newsletter dispatch and will not be disclosed to third parties.
You have the right to revoke your consent to the storage of your personal data and their use for newsletter dispatch at any time. You will find a link for that purpose in each of our newsletters. You may also unsubscribe directly on our website or send your unsubscribe request to [email protected].
Whenever you contact us by email, we will save the information provided on that occasion for the purpose of processing your request and for possible follow-up questions.
VI. Using our webshop
1. If you wish to order something from our webshop, you may either provide your data just once for processing that particular purchase order or create a customer account in which your data will be saved for future purchases. If you do not create a customer account, we will save your data only for processing that particular order and will erase them as soon as we are no longer obliged by law to retain them. Any mandatory information required for processing orders will be identified as such, any additional information will be optional. When creating an account under "My account", the data provided by you will be saved with the option of revoking them at any time, and you may delete the account in the customer area at any time.
2. For the purpose of processing your purchase order, we will collect your personal data in line with paragraph I.1 of this Data Privacy Statement. The data controller as defined by paragraph I.2 of this Data Privacy Statement is FTC®.
3. The personal data will be collected and stored to the extent required to perform the services contractually owed by FTC®. When delivering goods to you, we will disclose your data to the forwarder commissioned with the delivery to the extent these data are required for delivery. Any further use of your data (e.g. for mailing our newsletter) will be subject to your prior consent. In all other respects, the stipulations made under II., IV. und V. shall apply.
5. In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice (Germany, Austria, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands).
6. If you select "Credit card/MAESTRO" as method of payment, the payment-related data collected by us will be transmitted to the payment service provider for the credit card type selected by you. The payment service provider will be liable for your payment-related data.
7. We will additionally transmit your data to the respective payment service provider for the purpose of verifying your identity. In case of conclusion of a contract, we will only save the information of a successful identity check.
1. FTC® uses so-called "cookies" which are saved on your computer whenever you use this website. "Cookies" are small text files transmitted by a web page server to your hard disk. This provides us automatically with specific data about your computer and your internet connection such as e. g., your IP address, the browser used, or your operating system (for details please refer to paragraph 2). Cookies are incapable of executing programs or transmitting viruses to your computer.
- Transient cookies (temporary use)
- Persistent cookies (time-limited use)
Transient cookies are deleted automatically as you exit the browser. Typical transient cookies are the so-called session cookies. These cookies save a so-called session ID which allows several queries from your browser to be assigned to a single session. This allows identification of you computer when returning to our website. The session cookies are deleted as you log off or exit your browser.
Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified length of time which may differ from one cookie to the next. You may delete the cookies at any time via the security settings of your browser.
4. You may configure your browser settings whichever way you like, and e.g. refuse to accept third-party cookies or any cookies at all. Please be advised, however, that you may in that case no longer be able to use all features on our website.
1. We use the so-called "double-opt-in" process for our newsletter registration. This means that upon receiving your email address, we will send a confirmation email to the email address provided to us, asking you to confirm receipt of the newsletter. If we are not in receipt of your confirmation within the next 24 hours, your registration will be automatically deleted. If you confirm your request to receive the newsletter, we will save your email address until you unsubscribe. Your email address will be saved for the sole purpose of sending you the newsletter. We additionally save your IP address and the times every time you log in and make a confirmation, to prevent any abuse of your personal data.
2. The only mandatory information for receiving the newsletter is the email address. Any additional, separately identified information may be provided voluntarily and will be used solely for personalizing the newsletter. These data will likewise be completely erased in case of a revocation.
3. You may revoke your consent to newsletter receipt at any time. You may revoke your consent either by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter mail, or by addressing an email message to [email protected] or [email protected], or by sending a message to the contact data specified in I.1. The data provided by you will not be disclosed to third parties. Your declaration of consent should be worded as follows:
YES, I agree to the receipt of a personalized newsletter. Personalization is done by analyzing user behavior based on web beacons (tracking pixels) and your email address, which are linked to an ID of their own. We record the time you read our newsletter, the links you click on in that newsletter, and make inferences about your potential personal interests. We then link these data to your activities on our website. This information is never consolidated with other information received from you, and is saved only in Germany. You have the right to revoke your consent at any time, as a result of which the user data collected with be erased.
4. Please be advised that if you are a recipient of our newsletter, we will analyze your user behavior. For the purpose of said analysis, the emails sent contain so-called web beacons, also known as tracking pixels. These are single-pixel image files which link to our website and allow us to analyze your user behavior. This is done by collecting the data mentioned in paragraph IV. hereof and by web beacons assigned to your email address and linked to an ID of their own. We use the data thus obtained to create a user profile for providing you with a newsletter specifically tailored to your interests. We record the time you read our newsletter, the links you click on in that newsletter, and make inferences about your potential personal interests. We then link these data to your activities on our website. FTC® saves the information thus collected on a server in Germany. You have the right to object to said tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each email or by getting in touch with us via the contact details mentioned in paragraph 3.
IX. Web tracking; Use of Google Analytics
1. This web page uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", i.e. text files saved on your computer to help us analyze how you use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your access of this website will generally be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. However, if IP anonymization was activated on this web page, the IP address will first be truncated by Google within the member states of the European Union and the other contracting states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area (EEA). Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of FTC® to analyze your website usage and to compile website activity reports, and to provide other website and internet usage related services to FTC®.
2. Google will not associate the IP address transmitted by you internet browser within the scope of Google Analytics with any other data held by Google.
3. You may refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software; however, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
4. Additionally, you may prevent the sharing of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the web page-related data (including the transmission of your IP address) to Google and the processing of these data Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
5. This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". IP addresses will therefore only be processed in a shortened form to prevent direct personal references.
6. The use of Google Analytics is subject to the conditions agreed between the German data protection authorities and Google. Information on the third party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, Data Privacy Overview: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the Data Privacy Statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
X. Social media plugins
1. We are currently using the following social media plugins:
Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram.
2. For that purpose, we are using the so-called two-click rule. This means that when you visit our website, none of your personal data will be initially shared with the providers of these plugins. You can normally identify the provider of a plugin by its symbol/initial letter. Only by clicking on a plugin do you allow the transmission of personal data: activating the plugin causes data to be automatically transmitted to the respective plugin provider and to be saved by that provider (e.g. in the United States, if the provider is U.S. American). We are neither able to influence the data collected or the data processing operations nor do we have any knowledge of the full extent of the data collection, the purposes, or the length of the retention period. As the plugin provider collects data mainly via cookies, we recommend to delete all cookies via your browser's security settings before clicking on the respective plugin.
3. Every time you activate a plugin, this tells the plugin provider that you have accessed the corresponding sub-website of your online offering. Besides, the data mentioned in paragraph IV. of this declaration are transmitted as well, it being understood that in Facebook's case, only an anonymized IP will be collected in Germany according to Facebook. This happens regardless of whether or not you hold an account with that plugin provider or are logged in to that account. If you are logged in with the plugin provider, this data will be assigned directly to your account. If you push the activated button and link the page, for example, the plugin provider will also save that information to your user account and will publicly notify your contacts of that fact. If you do not want an assignment to your user-specific profile by the plugin provider, be sure to log off before activating the button.
4. The plugin provider will save these data as usage profiles and use them regularly for advertising and market research purposes and/or for personalizing its website. This kind of evaluation is done (also for non-logged in users) especially for showing personalized advertising and for informing other social network users about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, it being understood that to exercise your right of objection, you need to contact the respective plugin provider.
5. For more information on the purpose and extent of the data collected and their processing by the plugin provider, please consult the data privacy policies of these providers listed in the following. These privacy policies will also provide you with further information on your relevant rights and settings options for protecting your privacy.
6. Addresses of the respective providers and URL, including their data privacy policies:
Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA;
http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection:
http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084; and https://en-gb.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info
Youtube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA;
Twitter Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 95103,
LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA;
Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA;
Instagram Inc., 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA; https://help.instagram.com/
XI. Newsletter: Hubspot
We are using the service of Hubspot to send out newsletters. With these tool we can organize and analyse our newsletter work. It allows us to analyze the behavior of the recipient. The analysis shows how many recipients opened their newsletter and how ofthen links are clicked inside the newsletter.
Hubspot also supports conversion-tracking to analyse if - after a click on a link- a previously defined action (like a purchase) has taken place. Details about the analysis offered by Hubspot can be found here:https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
The data processing is being followed based on you consent (Article 6 of the GDPR). A cancellation of your consent is possible at any time. You can write a simple mail or click on “unsubscribe” in the newsletter. Analysis conducted before this withdrawal remain untouched by it.
If you do not wish to be included in analyisis by Hubspot you have to opt-out of the newsletter. To opt-out a simple mail or a click on “unsubscribe” in the newsletter is sufficient.
Details about the data privicy policy of Hubspot can be found here:
To ensure that our Data Privacy Statement at all times complies with the current legislation, we will adjust this Data Privacy Statement from time to time. For your next visit to our websites, the new, current valid version of our Data Privacy Statement will apply. We will make the version of the Data Privacy Statement well recognizable for you.
Version March 30, 2023